1. Are there any existing drawings of the building ?
Just schematics – firms will need to develop their own drawings
2. Are there any conditions reports prepared on the building that cover the proposed scope of work in the RFP ? Yes Is that available for viewing prior to the proposal submission deadline ? Yes – Conditions Report
3. Roof scope is mentioned in the RFP – are there any active leaks presently ? No
And is the roof insulated or not ? No – any problems in winter with ice falls ? Yes
4. Painting scope is mentioned in the RFP – what elements are slated for painting ?
Entire tower assembly – windows/doors were not included in assessment, but could be included in scope
5. If these elements are exterior elements has any lead paint testing been done? No And related to that has any tests been done on roof elements for asbestos containing materials like underlayment or roof cement ? No
6. If windows are the elements to be painted – have any tests been performed on the window caulk for asbestos or pcbs? No
7. The RFP mentions a not to exceed total of $25,000…..may we ask why the Village put this in ? Budget limits ?
We believe from studies and comments from NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation that this amount seemed reasonable.
8. The RFP mentions review criteria of being able to complete project in the timetable listed on pg 3 but it does not mention a deadline or goal for completion of the construction work – what would the Village desire that to be ?
We will create deadline before contractor bidding process
9. Has a cost estimate for the proposed scope of construction work been prepared by an architect or engineer and is that available ?
Yes, upon request.