Historical photos of Newark Valley
Opened in 1906 – closed in 1962. At times it employed 35 to 65 people. By 1915, it was pasteurizing and bottling 20 tons of milk daily from Owego, Newark Valley, Berkshire and Richford. This picture was taken between 1910 and 1920.
Looking from Maple Avenue toward Dimmick Street. Dimmick Hotel, Bliss Mills and Leheigh Valley Railroad in Newark Valley, NY. This picture was taken in the early 1900′s.
The Dimmick House was located west of the railroad on Dimmick Street in Newark Valley, NY. It burned in 1879, later rebuilt made of brick.
Photos provided by Ray’s Photo
Village Pumping Station c. 1951
Village DPW and Police Officer Wigfred “Wiggy” Ayers
Photo provided by Newark Valley Historical Society